Friday, October 21, 2011

Book Review - Murder by Mocha by Cleo Coyle

Title:  Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery #10)
Author:  Cleo Coyle
ISBN:  9780425241431
Publisher:  Berkley Prime Crime

Synopsis (from bn.com):  Clare's Village Blend coffee beans are being used to create a new java love potion: a "Mocha Magic Coffee," billed as an aphrodisiac. The product, expected to rake in millions, will be sold exclusively on Aphrodite's Village, one of the most popular online communities for women.
But at its launch, one of the website's editors is murdered. Clare is convinced a bitter killer wants the secret formula. Can she catch who's gone loco for mocha?

My thoughts:  I really liked this book, heck I really like this entire series.  I started reading this series simply  because coffee is one of my favorite things on the planet and I thought it would be fun, but now I find myself also really enjoy the characters in this series.  I don't know how she does it, but the author keeps these characters fresh, interesting, and unique even 10 books into the series.

We all know that many cozy mysteries are a bit formulaic in how things proceed:  murder happens, shop owner automatically becomes amateur sleuth trying to solve the mystery, shop owner falls in love with the cop in charge of solving the mystery, crazy antics ensue.  Cleo Coyle's series does not at all feel that way to me, it feels more real, yet with plenty of fun and interest along the way.  

Not to mention there are fabulous looking recipes in the back of the book! 

Keep on writing, Cleo, because I'm coming back for a refill with Book #11.

My rating:  :  )  :  )  :  )  :  )  Liked it!

And remember,
Books Are Life,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment