Monday, April 18, 2011

Review - Buzz Off by Hannah Reed

Title:  Buzz Off (Queen Bee Mystery #1)
Author:  Hannah Reed
Publication Date:  2010
Publisher:  Berkley
ISBN: 0425236420

Synopsis: It's September - National Honey Month - in Moraine, Wisconsin. After her mentor in the honey business is found suspiciously stung to death in his apiary, beekeeper Story Fischer must sort through a swarm of suspects, including her ex-husband.

My Thoughts:  I was excited to start this new cozy series as it is set in Wisconsin, the state where I was born and raised.  I did enjoy recognizing Wisconsin landmarks such as Milwaukee where I grew up, but I have to admit that I struggled through this entire book.  For some reason, I just didn't feel connected to any of the characters and found the story slow and somewhat disconnected.  Overall, the book took me way longer than any cozy should.  Not the cozy I expected.

Overall Rating: :) :) :) It was ok!

And remember,
Books Are Life,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment