Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday! What books have you lied about?

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.


This week's Top Ten

What are the top ten books you have lied about?



1.  The Harry Potter series = When this series came out and was all the rage, I was working

 at  Barnes and Noble as the Children's section supervisor.  Of course, I felt that I had to read

the series.  At times I was wondering why at my age I was reading these "children's" books.  I

haven't made it through the entire series yet, but I will someday!


2.  Origin of Species by Charles Darwin = This book was assigned reading during a class in

my freshman year of college.  I tried and tried and tried to get through the book, but the best I

did was fumble through.  Of course, when it came time to class discussion I pretended to sound

brilliant :)



3.  Working by Studs Terkel = Again, this was assigned reading during a class in grad

school.  I had an assignment to do a small class presentation/discussion on a chapter of the

book.  Ugh, not my kind of reading.  I do remember reading my assigned chapter during class

and alas I was ready for the discussion :)


4.  Some of my cozies = I do love my cozy mysteries, but I have to admit sometimes I feel

guilty reading this genre.  I will not feel guilty - they are fun!!!



5.  A Celine Dion biography = Yes, you heard me right, a biography about Celine Dion.  I will

completely own the fact that I love Celine Dion.  If I had a voice like hers, I would be a very happy

camper - and a little richer :)




Ok, I could only come up with 5, but it's a good start!

And Remember,
Books Are Life,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment