Sunday, October 16, 2011

Book Review - Black Echo (Harry Bosch #1)

Title:  The Black Echo
Author:  Michael Connelly
ISBN:  0446612731
Format: ebook


Synopsis (from BN.com):  For maverick Lapd homicide detective Harry Bosch, the body in the drainpipe at Mulholland Dam is more than another anonymous statistic. This one is personal...because the murdered man was a fellow Vietnam "tunnel rat" who had fought side by side with him in a hellish underground war. Now Bosch is about to relive the horror of Nam. From a dangerous maze of blind alleys to a daring criminal heist beneath the city, his survival instincts will once again be tested to their limit. Pitted against enemies inside his own department and forced to make the agonizing choice between justice and vengeance, Bosch goes on the hunt for a killer whose true face will shock him.






My thoughts:  I got interested in reading this Harry Bosch series after seeing the Lincoln Lawyer a while back.  I am glad I started it.  I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.  Harry Bosch, a hard-core, maverick, in your face LAPD homicide detective tries to solve the case of a body found in a drainpipe.  The case brings back his days as a tunnel rat in Vietnam.


Of course, there are some stereotypical traits to some of the characters, particularly Harry Bosch - hard-core, sketchy past involving Internal Affairs, rule-breaker, with many demons in his past.  This didn't get in the way for me.  I still found the characters real, edgy, and likable. 


I have started the second in the series, Black Ice, and look forward to reading the rest of the series. 


Enjoy!!




Rating:  : )  : )  : )  : )  Liked it!


And remember,
Books Are Life,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to say "hi" to a same-genre buddy.

    Finding a dead body in a drain pipe is terrible. I have read of some other horrible murder scenes though.

    I was looking for the Lincoln Lawyer but forgot the author's name. How could I?

    ReplyDelete