Kris at Not Enough Books is hosting the 2011 Cozy Mystery Challenge on its own dedicated blog. She writes:
It's that time of year again, time to sign up for the annual Cozy Mystery Challenge and start thinking about the books you'll want to read for the next 6 months.
Last year we had a great turn out and I hope we do just as well, if not better, in 2011.
For those who might wonder what a cozy mystery is, here's a great website that explains it and is a great resource for series: Cozy-Mystery.com I also have the 2010 list of read books still available on this blog, so feel free to browse through the list to see what members read last year.
- The goal is to read at least 6 cozy mysteries, one for each month. You can choose to read more, but you must read 6 in order to complete this challenge. You don't have to read 1 each month, you can read them whenever you like, you just have to read at least six.
- While you can overlap with other challenges, please try to have at least 2 of the books only count towards this challenge.
- You can sign up anytime between now and September 1st.
- You do NOT need a blog to participate.
- You do NOT have to list the books you plan to read ahead of time, although you can if you want to (and the list can change throughout the challenge).
- Only the required amount - 6
- I think I can do better - 7-10
- Feeling very ambitious - 11+
And there will also be giveaways!